The Compliance Analyst is responsible for identifying weaknesses in the company's processes and procedures, implementing measures to minimize the risks and updating the procedures as necessary.
- Review operational and financial policies & procedures to ensure compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Review business processes to identify and address potential risks.
- Identify area of improvements to enhance business efficiencies and to reduce risks.
- Liaise with operational staff to determine current standard practices and create or edit procedure documents and process flow charts to recommend improvements to business practices, processes and controls.
- Support the Compliance Manager in the co-ordination of audit efforts with the internal and external auditors
- Effectively monitor and report on the implementation of corrective action for outstanding audit issues.
- Prepare audit reports of findings and recommendations to management.
- Assist in developing audit programs and maintain up-to-date knowledge about audit tools and techniques.
- Participate in audit meetings and build positive working relationships with Auditors.
- Assist the Compliance Manager with other duties as needed
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in compliance, auditing or internal controls.
- ACCA or CIA designation or equivalent graduate level degree
- Anti-Money Laundering Professional Certification is an asset
- Strong Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Software Suite particularly Word and Excel
- Strong knowledge of relevant industry laws and regulations.
- Automotive experience is an asset.
- Experience developing flow charts with knowledge of Microsoft Visio will be an asset
- Experience in developing and editing company procedures is an asset.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Results oriented, strong work ethic and deadline-oriented.
- Creative approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to take initiative and be firm when necessary to achieve desired results.
- Excellent writing skills needed to produce clear and concise materials
- Ability to interact and build rapport quickly with all levels of the organization inclusive of Line Managers and Executives