Human Resource Officer (Contract)
Human Resource Officer will be responsible for employee Recruitment, providing support to employee Engagement activities and Training and Development. The HRO will also perform a combination of administrative and project-based functions as required. This position will gain valuable experience in all aspects of the Human Resources functions.
- Coordinates staff recruitment process in order to ensure a timely organized and comprehensive procedure is used to hire. This process will include supporting Managers with development and revision of Job Descriptions, liaising with recruitment service providers, resume review, scheduling of interviews, screening of applicants via phone and face to face, updating of recruitment database and communicating with applicants via email and phone.
- Supports Selection process by: scheduling follow up interviews, conducting reference checks and setting up pre-employment assessments.
- Supports Onboarding process: Setting up new hire orientation, prepare company photo ID, administering the creation of new employee files ensuring that it is in accordance with the established requirements.
- Supports employee engagements activities with the aim of excellent event execution through: request for proposals, following up with vendors and suppliers, communicating with employees, preparing registers and other documents and by supporting at the event.
- Provides support to the Training and Development activities by: requesting proposals, liaising with training providers, preparing communication to staff, preparing registers, preparing training materials, following up with Training Evaluation Forms and updating employee files.
- Inputs and maintains data into the HRIS system for employees, leave management, to support the monthly payroll and reporting requirements.
- Performs administrative work: filing, copying, scanning, drafting correspondences, reports
- Supports additional projects being carried out by the wider Human Resources team.
- First degree in Human Resource Management;
- Must have at least 3 years experience;
- Experience in the Food industry will be considered an asset;
- Experience with HRp5 software will be considered an asset,
- Proficiency in the MS Office Applications: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook
- Good project management skills
- Ability to capture and collate data accurately
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills