Information Communication & Technology (ICT) Manager
The ICT Manager is responsible for overseeing IT operations; allocating resources, researching and implementing technological solutions in alignment with the company's strategic objectives. Oversees and provides technical expertise and management in all phases of the selection, installation, implementation and support of new systems/applications and for all other services provided by the IT department.
- Research, understand, lead and manage the overall ICT process
- Assist with the development and implementation of ICT Strategy, planning, budgeting and risk assessment for Company;
- Participate in the development of and execution of the disaster recovery strategy and business continuity plans;
- Develop, implement and maintain technology standards and policies for ICT operations;
- Optimise ICT processes and ensure that systems are relevant and in keeping with current and future business trends globally;
- Document technical and business requirements using structured and well-defined system methodologies;
- Develop the ICT Security Strategy;
- Define and maintain a comprehensive structure with documentation of the entire ICT system, inclusive of applications, operating systems, hardware, network, staffing roles & plans etc.
- Administer and manage the ICT Strategy for all applications and the network ensuring compliance to ICT Security Strategy;
- Prepare formats, requirements and define and manage all reports required by nature (financial, inventory, procurement etc.) and by timing (annual, quarterly, monthly, weekly, daily, periodic requests) understanding report objectives/outcomes/purpose
- Establish basis for efficient preparation of accurate and understandable reports.
Operational level - Daily tasks
- Serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of ICT;
- Promote strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and business partners;
- Provide direction and instruction to ICT staff and empower them to effectively accomplish their duties;
- Review the performance of team members to identify strategies for gap closure and personnel development;
- Provide training & development opportunities and guidance to facilitate the day to day execution of the team’s functions;
- Utilize consistently an effective problem-solving methodology in all activities and interfaces;
- Review and manage all ICT costs and identify strategies for cost effective spending
- Obtain, review and manage relationships with vendors where ICT services are outsourced
PROJECT MANAGEMENT – ICT PROJECTS
Strategic level – Annual tasks
- Research, Understand and Recommend ICT projects to automate existing manual processes to meet business requirements and to keep the business operating efficient and competitive;
- Research Understand and Recommend ICT projects to meet Business Plans and Objectives
Operational level – Quarterly tasks
- Plan, initiate and manage Business Transformation ICT projects;
- Obtain approvals and monitor IT projects, IT budgets, priorities, standards, procedures and overall IT performance;
- Perform project Management activities
- Serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of ICT projects
- Research, understand and define the entire business applications suite, how they integrate, how they satisfy business and user requirements and applications implementations. In addition, keep up to date and identify gaps to ensure effective and efficient use;
- Development, testing and implementation of new/enhanced system software to meet user requirements according to policies, procedures and controls;
- Establish method for logging and resolution of user technical issues;
- Prepare sales budget data/information and budget reports to assist business end-users in Company’s annual budgeting process.
- Identify areas of the Company’s business operations that can be improved through the use of ICT and develop and recommend solutions;
- Define areas requiring ICT training;
- Develop/acquire documentation and basis e.g. online, manuals etc. to deliver end-user training for business software and ERP systems.
- Ensures the effective management of the ERP system and other applications within the corporate environment.
- Liaise with software vendors as required to troubleshoot technical issues and perform other technical or functional support activities;
- Define and maintain updates of all end users and their roles and performance requirements in respect to applications;
- Overall understanding and satisfying of business needs.
- Preparation of ICT reports on Epicor & Power BI by developing queries, dashboards, reports & charts for management and key stakeholders to facilitate effective monitoring and sound management decision making;
- Provide application support to end-users by receiving, monitoring and logging the actual service provided;
- Ensure that change management procedures are adhered to for all system changes;
NETWORKING AND COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT
- Understand, Define, Lead and Manage the network & communications requirements for Company
- Understand, Define, Lead and Manage the surveillance system requirements for Company
- Define support role & job requirements to satisfy network, communications & surveillance systems requirements.
- Define and maintain and comprehensive structured document that identifies gaps and risks for each component within the ICT network.
- Oversee the execution of ICT maintenance activities for the network, communications & surveillance systems;
- Participate in the development and approval of remedial actions and directives.
INFRASTRUCTURE, SYSTEMS AND CLOUD MANAGEMENT
- Understand, Define, Lead and Manage the Infrastructure systems & cloud application requirements for Company;
- Define and maintain a comprehensive structured document that identifies gaps and risks for each component within the systems and applications;
- Oversee the execution of system maintenance activities;
- Participate in the development and approval of remedial actions and directives.
- Understand and define all data required to satisfy business users requirements;
- Develop systems for data capture, storage, security and management.
- Acquire and validate all data required by users for processing to ensure reliability;
- Store and protect required data including backups to ensure timely accessibility.
SECURITY, RISKS AND CONTROLS
- Understand and define the security controls, risks and requirements for the network including hardware, software, networking IT infrastructure, cloud and application systems;
- Plan and participate in developing ICT Security strategies to manage and mitigate security risks and maintain controls.
- Research and keep up to date with data breaches, vulnerability scans/penetration tests etc. to ensure gaps are identified and addressed.
- Oversee the installation and management of security controls including web application firewalls, intrusion detection systems etc. and security analyses such as threat modeling, security scanning, security administration, malware analysis, database management, encryptions etc.
- Oversee the monitoring of ICT Security testing & checks
- Review and understand website requirements and how they are being satisfied;
- Maintain general management oversight and provide guidance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with at least three (3) at a supervisory level within ICT function;
- Experience with ERP systems;
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in developing application software on Microsoft technologies including .NET, SQL-Server and SSRS;
- Knowledge and experience of cloud-based technologies;
- Effective Project Management experience;
- Exposure to any standard ERP software.
- Exposure to Power BI or any standard Business Intelligence tool is desirable.
- Knowledge of the principles, tools and techniques required for the management and control of the ICT function;
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams and groups of technical and professional staff;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Ability to promote teamwork and to manage conflict;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, internal and external stakeholders.