The incumbent will perform a variety of tasks in support of business operations (locally and regionally) within the Marketing Department. These will include and is not limited to:
- Understand market dynamics, understand competitor activities, understand Brand SKU performance and make strategic in store promotional and sponsorship recommendations.
- Understand and manage all signage and out of home assets/collateral.
- Assist in market research and data processing for the Marketing department.
- Understand universe of signage (including but not limited to outdoor signs, window clings, doors) understand competitor signage and recommend signage opportunities based on customer potential.
- Ensure all signage is properly maintained in keeping with Corporate and Brand standards.
- Keep up to date and provide quarterly audit reports to the Marketing Manager.
- Monitor, control and report on all paid signage by conducting scheduled site visits.
- Suggest new out of home signage, assessing costs and benefits.
Out of Home:
- Understand universe of out of home collateral coverage (not limited to billboards and island stoppers) including competitor coverage and gaps to be filled.
- Understand vendor and company's requirements and manage contracts to ensure compliance.
- Prepare, plan and budget all out of home collateral.
- Inspect, confirm and report on maintenance works performed regarding all out of home collateral.
Market Research and Data Processing:
- Assist in capturing market intelligence data to assist in developing strategies and plans.
- Enter information obtained from audits, questionnaires, surveys, etc.
- Research all available annual promotions which directly relates to our target audience; compile a universal listing which will also contain recommended promotions provided by agencies/media houses.
- Work with the Sales and Marketing teams to identify customers requiring promotional support to meet monthly/quarterly targets.
- From the above, make recommendations based on (1) return on investment, (2) target audience and (3) SKU target gap.
- Oversee and execute all approved promotions.
- Submit a post-mortem report to the Marketing Manager within 1 week of promotion execution; reviewing by customer performance, identifying successes and failures.
- Submit a competitive in store promotion audit using the SWOT analysis for the following but not limited to gondola ends, floor displays, planograms, POP material, paraphernalia, uniforms, and other signage material.
- To assist the Marketing Manager in the management of the Regional Portfolio. This includes, but is not limited to, liaising with internal and external stakeholders, following up on queries/orders and performing other administrative duties to ensure that service levels are constantly maintained.
- Work closely with the Brand Marketing Executive on optimising results to boost sales and generate brand awareness traditionally and digitally.
- Assist in direction, design, branding material and customer/consumer support messages.
- Assist the Brand Marketing Executive and Marketing Manager in the processing of all department bills in a timely manner; ensure all requisitions are accompanied by adequate documentation to support completion.
- Prepare an updated Marketing spend monthly. This should be tracked by expenditure lines created in the budgeting process and balanced against our GL entry report.
- Maintain updated files as it pertains to contracts, sponsorship requests and other correspondence that fall under the purview.
- Monitor and control sample distribution strategy and submit sample report for review.
- Review all requests for sponsorships; make recommendations based on return on investment. Sponsorship requests must be considered in conjunction with (1) customer relationship building/loyalty and (2) SKU target gap/ current focus.
- Respond to all requests within 48 hours; initiate and execute all approved sponsorship requests within the timelines specified.
- Track all requests made and provide monthly reporting to the Marketing Manager.
- Perform all other related duties.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Marketing or Business Administration
- 1-3 years practical experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2013
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Amicable personality
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment or independently.
- The ability to multi-task effectively with minimal supervision
- The ability to prioritise and show initiative
- Highly organized and ability to adapt to quickly changing priorities.
- Time management skills
- Must be willing to work weekends where necessary
- In possession of a good working vehicle